Steel Threaded Inserts for Metal
There are many ideal advantages to adding solid threaded inserts to soft metals like aluminum, magnesium, and cast iron. Some of the main benefits of adding carbon steel solid threaded inserts include:
- Easy to install: solid threaded inserts install with standard tools, simply drill, tap and thread like any ordinary fastener (no special taps or installation tools are necessary)
- Strength: carbon steel solid threaded inserts are screw machined out of solid steel for a stronger overall product
- Standard OD Threads: solid threaded inserts for metal permit the use of standard drills and taps
- Self-Locking: pre-applied adhesive activates upon installation
- Vibration Resistant: adhesive secures the carbon steel solid threaded insert into place so it won’t back out
Unlike E-Z Coil™ inserts, which require a special tap and installation tool, E-Z LOK™ (Solid Wall) threaded inserts for metal are installed using standard tools, and installation is as easy as 1-2-3.
- Simply drill the appropriately sized hole with a standard drill
- Tap the hole with a standard tap
- Turn in the E-Z LOK™ (Solid Wall) insert like an ordinary fastener with a screwdriver, bolt and jam nut, or an E-Z LOK™ drive tool.
E-Z LOK™ Solid Wall threaded inserts are self-locking. The pre-applied LOCTITE™ adhesive on the external threads activates immediately upon installation and is fastener-ready in 5-10 minutes.