E-Z Knife™: Easy Installation for Threaded Inserts for Hardwood
E-Z™ Knife brass and stainless steel threaded inserts for wood are designed for use in hardwoods like oak, cherry and maple. These inserts are ideal for use wherever assembly or disassembly could lead to thread erosion or stripping. E-Z Knife™ threaded inserts for hardwood use a proprietary external "knife" thread to slice into the wood and provide superior holding power.
E-Z Knife™ inserts are most often machined out of brass when internal thread sizes range from #4 to ⅜ or M3 to M8. For additional corrosion resistance, stainless steel knife thread inserts are used with 8-32, 10-24 and ¼-20 internal threads. View our E-Z LOK™ product specifications page for additional resources or to check out the rest of our threaded inserts for wood today.
E-Z Knife™ Features:
- Superior hardwood holding power
- Sizing variety: inch (coarse/fine) and metric
- Brass or stainless steel options
- Easily installs with a bolt/jam nut or optional drive tool
- Furniture (Brass)
- Cabinetry (Brass)
- Partitions (Brass)
- Beer Tap Handles
- Shipping Containers (Brass or Stainless Steel)
- Marine Applications (Stainless Steel)
- Outdoor Furniture (Brass or Stainless)
- Storm Shutters (Brass or Stainless)
- When dealing with particularly hard wood or difficulties getting the insert to thread in straight, a drive tool can be made with full thread engagement for maximum control during installation.
Additional steps to help install a Knife Thread insert:
- Increase the hole size 1/64
- Lubricate the insert with liquid soap or varnish
- Consider a stainless steel insert
E-Z LOK™ has additional brass inserts for other applications: View All Available Brass Inserts