Steel Threaded Inserts for Metal
There are many ideal advantages to adding solid threaded inserts to soft metals like aluminum, magnesium, and cast iron. Some of the main benefits of adding carbon steel solid threaded inserts include:
- Easy to install: solid threaded inserts install with standard tools, simply drill, tap and thread like any ordinary fastener (no special taps or installation tools are necessary)
- Strength: carbon steel solid threaded inserts are screw machined out of solid steel for a stronger overall product
- Standard OD Threads: solid threaded inserts for metal permit the use of standard drills and taps
- Self-Locking: pre-applied adhesive activates upon installation
- Vibration Resistant: adhesive secures the carbon steel solid threaded insert into place so it won’t back out
Unlike E-Z Coil™ inserts, which require a special tap and installation tool, E-Z LOK™ (Solid Wall) threaded inserts for metal are installed using standard tools, and installation is as easy as 1-2-3.
- Simply drill the appropriately sized hole with a standard drill
- Tap the hole with a standard tap
- Turn in the E-Z LOK™ (Solid Wall) insert like an ordinary fastener with a screwdriver, bolt and jam nut, or an E-Z LOK™ drive tool.
E-Z LOK™ Solid Wall threaded inserts are self-locking. The pre-applied LOCTITE™ adhesive on the external threads activates immediately upon installation and is fastener-ready in 5-10 minutes.
The Best Uses for Our Steel Threaded Inserts
Our solid threaded carbon inserts are designed to be powerful and effective. To select the right one, it's important to know what their functions are. The Standard Wall is meant for repairing or reinforcing threaded holes in aluminum, magnesium, cast iron, and other soft metal materials. Due to its smaller diameter, the Thin Wall is designed for jobs where hole size is an issue. In comparison, the Extra Heavy Wall is best for reducing the size of tapped holes after drilling and re-tapping operations. Our Automotive is intended for spark plug repair applications. The Screw Locking carbon inserts have pre-applied LOCTITE™ on the internal threads to prevent fastener loosening caused by vibration.
1. What are the benefits of using E-Z LOK's (Solid Wall) Drive Tool?
Our Drive Tools certainly come in handy when installing steel threaded inserts. They offer the following benefits:
- Fast and easy installation of our E-Z LOK slotted inserts
- Compatibility with Solid Threaded Inserts, Knife Thread Inserts, and Hex Drive Inserts
- Fitting standard power drills and drill presses
- Installation without engaging internal threads
2. What type of applications can steel threaded inserts be used for?
Steel threaded inserts can be used for a variety of functions like reinforcing soft metals, spark plug repair, reducing the size of tapped holes and more. Our inserts are the perfect solution for projects requiring strength and easy assembly.
3. I have a question that wasn't answered here. Where can I ask it?
If you have a question about E-Z LOK's steel threaded inserts or any other of our products, we're happy to provide our expertise. Fill out our contact form or reach out to our customer service representatives at the following number: 800-234-5613. We also recommend checking out our additional resources below for more information about steel threaded inserts.
Learn More About Our Steel Threaded Inserts
When it comes to selecting the right steel threaded inserts, E-Z LOK is here to help. For guidance on what to pick and other important information, check out the following resources from our experts: