E-Z LOK Carbon Steel Solid Threaded Inserts for Metal
Carbon Steel Solid Threaded Insert AdvantagesThere are many ideal advantages to adding solid threaded inserts to soft metals like aluminum, magnesium, and cast iron. Some of the main benefits of adding carbon steel solid threaded inserts include:
- Easy to install: solid threaded inserts install with standard tools, simply drill, tap and thread like any ordinary fastener (no special taps or installation tools are necessary)
- Strength: carbon steel solid threaded inserts are screw machined out of solid steel for a stronger overall product
- Standard OD Threads: solid threaded inserts for metal permit the use of standard drills and taps
- Self-Locking: pre-applied adhesive activates upon installation
- Vibration Resistant: adhesive secures the carbon steel solid threaded insert into place so it won’t back out
- Seals against Liquids/Gases: solid threaded inserts are pressurized up to 6,000 psi.
Carbon Steel Solid Threaded Insert ApplicationsSolid threaded inserts are used in a variety of industrial applications including:
Installing Solid Threaded InsertUnlike coil inserts, which require a special tap and installation tool, E-Z LOK solid threaded inserts for metal are installed using standard tools, and installation is as easy as 1-2-3.
- Simply drill the appropriately sized hole with a standard drill
- Tap the hole with a standard tap
- Turn in the E-Z LOK like an ordinary fastener with a screwdriver, bolt and jam nut, or an E-Z LOK drive tool.
E-Z LOK inserts are self-locking and open Immediately upon installation. The pre-applied Loctite™ on the external threads sets immediately allowing for the newly installed insert to be fastener ready
|Power drive tools are available for high volume installation. See insert tables for catalog numbers and sizes.
Contact us for more information on our line of carbon steel solid threaded inserts, or request a quote today.