E-Z Knife™ Insert Installation
To install the insert, simply drill a hole and thread the insert into place using a screwdriver, bolt/jam nut, or optional drive tool.
For particularly hard wood – or if there is difficulty getting the hard wood insert to thread-in straight – a drive tool can be made with full thread engagement for maximum control during installation.
Creating a Drive Tool for Hard Wood Inserts:
- Cut the head off a bolt with a similar thread to the inserts internal thread (can be rounded off for safety)
- Thread two nuts onto the bolt, followed by the insert (slotted end down)
- Put the bolt into a hand drill or drill press
- Prior to installing, make sure the two nuts are threaded down to the top of the insert.
- Thread in the insert
- Loosen the nuts and back out the driver