E-Z Hex™ (Hex Drive) Inserts for Soft Wood
Generically referred to as Type D (flanged) or Type E (flush) insert nuts, E-Z Hex™ (Hex Drive) inserts provide sturdy machine threads in soft woods. These hex drives are an ideal solution for any application where assembly or disassembly could lead to thread erosion or stripping.
E-Z Hex™ inserts feature broad external threads that provide exceptional holding power in materials like pine, composition board, MDF, and plywood. We offer E-Z Hex™ with internal thread sizes ranging from #8 to 3/8-16, plus M6 and M8. Die-cast from a durable zinc alloy, E-Z Hex™ inserts install quickly with an Allen wrench or optional drive tool.
E-Z LOK hex drive threaded inserts are available with internal thread sizes from #8 to 3/8, as well as M6 and M8. Most sizes are available in a variety of lengths to meet the needs of your unique application.
- • Inexpensive solution for reinforcing threads in soft woods
- • Install with Allen wrench or optional drive tool
- • Inch or metric threads available
- • Flush and flanged designs available
- • Multiple lengths available
- • Ready-to-Assemble Furniture
- • Drawer Pulls
- • Display Cases
- • Crating
- • ...anywhere a threaded fastener is installed in soft wood
Important Note: Hole size requirements may vary depending on a number of factors, including material and tools. We recommend that you test your particular application for hex drive compatibility prior to ordering. Contact us for free samples.