Standard Wall Inserts for Metal
Ideal for repairing or reinforcing threaded holes in soft metals like aluminum, magnesium, and cast iron, all E-Z LOK solid threaded inserts install with standard tools. No special taps or installation tools needed.
- Strong: screw machined out of solid steel for greater strength
- Easy to Install: simply drill, tap, and thread in like an ordinary fastener
- Standard OD Threads: permit the use of standard drills and taps
- Self-Locking: preapplied adhesive activates upon installation
- Vibration Resistant: adhesive secures the insert in place so it won’t back out
- Seals against Liquids/Gases: to pressures of 6,000 psi.
Unlike coil inserts, which require a special tap and installation tool, E-Z LOK solid threaded inserts for metal are installed using standard tools. Simply drill the appropriately sized hole with a standard drill…tap the hole with a standard tap…and then turn in the E-Z LOK like an ordinary fastener with a screwdriver, bolt and jam nut, or an E-Z LOK drive tool. Installation is as easy as 1-2-3.
E-Z LOK inserts are self-locking. Immediately upon installation, pre-applied Loctite™ on the external threads begins to set and the newly installed insert is fastener ready in minutes. At full cure (72 hours), the Loctite seals against liquids and gases to pressures of 6,000 psi.
|Power drive tools are available for high volume installation. See insert tables for catalog numbers and sizes.|
E-Z LOK Standard Wall threaded inserts are available in Assortment Kits. Keep a range of sizes on hand, so you are ready the next time a thread needs repair.