Extra Heavy Wall Inserts for Metal
E-Z LOK solid threaded inserts with Extra Heavy Wall are ideal for reducing the size of tapped holes, typically after previous drilling/re-tapping operations. Like all E-Z LOK solid threaded inserts, the Extra Heavy Wall design is installed using standard drills and taps. Installation is performed with a screwdriver, bolt/jam nut, or optional E-Z LOK drive tool.
- Strong: screw machined out of solid steel for greater strength
- Easy to Install: simply drill, tap, and thread in like an ordinary fastener
- Standard OD Threads: permit the use of standard drills and taps
- Self-Locking: preapplied adhesive activates upon installation
- Vibration Resistant: adhesive secures the insert in place so it won’t back out
- Seals against Liquids/Gases: to pressures of 6,000 psi.
E-Z LOK inserts are self-locking. Immediately upon installation, pre-applied Loctite™ on the external threads begins to set and the newly installed insert is fastener ready in minutes. At full cure (72 hours), the Loctite™ seals against liquids and gases to pressures of 6,000 psi.
|Power drive tools are available for high volume installation. See insert tables for catalog numbers and sizes.|