Coil Threaded Inserts
- Quickly repair damaged threads in soft metal
- Protect tapped holes from stripping and wear
- Made from corrosion resistant 18-8 stainless steel
- Available in inch sizes from #2 to 1-1/2
- Available in metric sizes from M2 to M39
Coil inserts – also known as wire or helical threaded inserts – quickly repair or reinforce tapped holes in soft metals. Made from 18-8 stainless steel wire, E-Z Coil inserts provide strong internal threads that are corrosion resistant and withstand temperatures to 800°F.
Coil (or helical) inserts are made of 18-8 stainless steel wire. The wire is formed into a diamond pattern and then wound into a spring. Before being installed, the insert diameter is larger than the tapped hole. The insert diameter is reduced during installation, allowing the insert to thread into the hole. Once properly installed, the radial pressure of the released insert holds the insert firmly in place.
In addition to freerunning coil insert, the E-Z Coil line includes Kits.