E-Z LOK™ (Solid Wall) Standard Wall Inserts
Unlike E-Z Coil™ inserts, which require a special tap and installation tool, E-Z LOK™ (Solid Wall) threaded inserts for metal are installed using standard tools. Simply drill the appropriately sized hole with a standard drill, tap the hole with a standard tap, and then turn in the E-Z LOK™ (Solid Wall) insert like an ordinary fastener with a screwdriver, bolt and jam nut, or an E-Z LOK™ drive tool. Installation is as easy as 1-2-3.
E-Z LOK™ (Solid Wall) inserts are self-locking. Immediately upon installation, pre-applied LOCTITE™ on the external threads begins to set and the newly installed insert is fastener ready in minutes. At full cure (72 hours), the Loctite seals against liquids and gases to pressures of 6,000 psi.
- Preapplied adhesive on ID threads provides screw locking feature
- Self-Locking: preapplied adhesive activates upon installation
- Seals against Liquids/Gases: to pressures of 6,000 psi.
- Strong: screw machined out of solid steel for greater strength
- Easy to Install: simply drill, tap, and thread in like an ordinary fastener
- Standard OD Threads: permit the use of standard drills and taps