E-Z LOK™ Thread Inserts for Metal (Solid Wall)
E-Z LOK™ (Solid Wall) threaded inserts for metal are ideal for repairing or reinforcing threaded holes in soft metals like aluminum, magnesium and cast iron. External threads are standard size and pitch, so they can be installed with standard drills and taps. Our solid wall threaded inserts can be installed with a screwdriver, bolt/jam nut (except IC series) or optional power drive tool.
Solid wall thread inserts will not back out or vibrate loose. The pre-applied, microencapsulated adhesive begins to set immediately upon installation and the newly installed insert is fastener-ready in 3-5 minutes. The adhesive seals against liquids and gases to 6,000 psi when fully cured (72 hours).
Although they have a firm hold while in use, E-Z LOK™ (Solid Wall) threaded inserts for metal are removable. Unlike thread inserts that are mechanically locked in place with keys or pins, which need to be drilled out, these inserts can be removed with a bolt extractor, which overcomes the resistance to torque-out produced by the adhesive. They can also be removed by heating the insert to a temperature above 300°F (149°C), at which point the adhesive will release.
Features of E-Z LOK™ (Solid Wall) Threaded Inserts for Metal:
- • Strong: Screw machined out of solid steel for greater strength.
- • Easy to Install: Simply drill, tap and thread like an ordinary fastener.
- • Standard OD Threads: Permit the use of standard drills and taps.
- • Self-Locking: Pre-applied adhesive activates upon installation.
- • Vibration Resistant: Adhesive secures the insert in place so it won’t back out.
- • Sealed Tight: Guards against liquids and gases to pressures of 6,000 psi.