E-Z LOK™ (Solid Wall) Threaded Inserts for Metal
E-Z LOK™ (Solid Wall) threaded inserts for metal are ideal for repairing or reinforcing threaded holes in soft metals like aluminum, magnesium, and cast iron. All E-Z LOK™ (Solid Wall) inserts install with standard tools. No special taps or installation tools needed.
External threads are standard size and pitch to permit the use of standard drills and taps. E-Z LOK™ (Solid Wall) threaded inserts can be installed with a screwdriver, bolt/jam nut (except IC series), or optional power drive tool.
E-Z LOK™ (Solid Wall) threaded inserts will not back out or vibrate loose. Immediately upon installation, the pre-applied, microencapsulated adhesive begins to set and the new newly installed insert is fastener-ready in 3-5 minutes. The adhesive seals against liquids and gases to 6,000 psi when fully cured (72 hours).
E-Z LOK™ (Solid Wall) threaded inserts for metal are removable. Unlike inserts that are mechanically locked in place with keys or pins, which need to be drilled out, these inserts can be removed with a bolt extractor (overcoming the resistance to torque-out produced by the adhesive) or by heating the insert to a temperature above 300°F (149°C), at which point the adhesive will release.
- • Strong: screw machined out of solid steel for greater strength
- • Easy to Install: simply drill, tap, and thread in like an ordinary fastener
- • Standard OD Threads: permit the use of standard drills and taps
- • Self-Locking: pre-applied adhesive activates upon installation
- • Vibration Resistant: adhesive secures the insert in place so it won’t back out
- • Seals against Liquids/Gases to pressures of 6,000 psi