Steel Threaded Inserts for Metal
There are many ideal advantages to adding solid threaded inserts to soft metals like aluminum, magnesium, and cast iron. Some of the main benefits of adding carbon steel solid threaded inserts include:
- • Easy to install: solid threaded inserts install with standard tools, simply drill, tap and thread like any ordinary fastener (no special taps or installation tools are necessary)
- • Strength: carbon steel solid threaded inserts are screw machined out of solid steel for a stronger overall product
- • Standard OD Threads: solid threaded inserts for metal permit the use of standard drills and taps
- • Self-Locking: pre-applied adhesive activates upon installation
- • Vibration Resistant: adhesive secures the carbon steel solid threaded insert into place so it won’t back out
- • Seals against Liquids/Gases: solid threaded inserts are pressurized up to 6,000 psi.
Unlike E-Z Coil™ inserts, which require a special tap and installation tool, E-Z LOK™ (Solid Wall) threaded inserts for metal are installed using standard tools, and installation is as easy as 1-2-3.
- • Simply drill the appropriately sized hole with a standard drill
- • Tap the hole with a standard tap
- • Turn in the E-Z LOK™ (Solid Wall) insert like an ordinary fastener with a screwdriver, bolt and jam nut, or an E-Z LOK™ drive tool.
E-Z LOK™ (Solid Wall) threaded inserts are self-locking and open immediately upon installation. The pre-applied LOCTITE™ on the external threads sets immediately allowing for the newly installed insert to be fastener ready.
E-Z LOK™ (Solid Wall) - Standard Wall
Ideal for repairing or reinforcing threaded holes in aluminum, magnesium, cast iron, and other soft metal materials. Screw machined out of solid steel for strength and durability, these threaded inserts are self-locking and easy to install, with no special tools required. Available in a wide range standard thread sizes to meet your needs.
E-Z LOK™ (Solid Wall) - Thin Wall
Ideal for applications where hole size is an issue, our thin wall solid threaded inserts offer all the advantages of our standard inserts with a smaller overall diameter. Available in range of standard internal thread sizes from #10 to ½ and M4 to M12, they use a modified external thread to reduce the hole diameter needed to achieve the desired internal thread size. No special tools are needed for installation.
E-Z LOK™ (Solid Wall) - Extra Heavy Wall
Ideal for reducing the size of tapped holes after drilling and re-tapping operations. Machined from solid steel for added strength, they are vibration resistant and can seal against liquids and gases up to 6,000 psi. Available in a range of standard thread sizes. Easy to install, with no special tools needed.
E-Z LOK™ (Solid Wall) - Screw Locking
Feature specialized thread locking adhesive on both internal and external threads for extra-secure installation. Machined from solid steel, these durable threaded inserts can seal against liquids and gases up to 6,000 psi. They are easy to install and require no special tools.
E-Z LOK™ (Solid Wall) - Automotive
Designed for spark plug repair applications, our solid threaded inserts are built with solid wall construction for greater strength. These easy-to-install, self-locking threaded inserts are available with internal thread sizes from M10 to M18 in a variety of lengths.