E-Z Knife™ (Knife Thread) Inserts for Hard Wood
E-Z Knife™ inserts are designed for use in hard woods, like oak, cherry, and maple. E-Z Knife™ inserts are ideal for use wherever assembly or disassembly could lead to thread erosion or stripping. Also, E-Z Knife™ inserts for wood use a proprietary external “knife” thread to slice into the wood, which provides superior holding power.
E-Z Knife™ inserts are most often machined out of brass when internal thread sizes range from #4 to 3/8 or M3 to M8.
For additional corrosion resistance, stainless steel knife thread inserts are used with 8-32, 10-24, and 1/4-20 internal threads.
- • Superior hard wood holding power
- • Sizing variety, inch (coarse/fine) & metric
- • Brass or stainless steel options
- • Easily installs with a screwdriver, bolt/jam nut, or optional drive tool
- • Furniture (Brass)
- • Cabinetry (Brass)
- • Partitions (Brass)
- • Beer Tap Handles
- • Shipping Containers (Brass or Stainless Steel)
- • Marine Applications (Stainless Steel)
- • Outdoor Furniture (Brass or Stainless)
- • Storm Shutters (Brass or Stainless)
• For particularly hard wood – or if there is difficulty getting the hard wood insert to thread-in straight – a drive tool can be made with full thread engagement for maximum control during installation.
• Hard wood insert hole size requirements may vary depending on a variety of factors, including material and tools. We recommend that you test your application before ordering. We will gladly supply free hard wood insert samples.
E-Z LOK™ has additional brass inserts for other applications: