E-Z Knife™: Easy Installation for Threaded Inserts for Hardwood
E-Z™ Knife brass and stainless steel threaded inserts for wood are designed for use in hardwoods like oak, cherry and maple. These inserts are ideal for use wherever assembly or disassembly could lead to thread erosion or stripping. E-Z Knife™ threaded inserts for hardwood use a proprietary external "knife" thread to slice into the wood and provide superior holding power.
E-Z Knife™ inserts are most often machined out of brass when internal thread sizes range from #4 to ⅜ or M3 to M8. For additional corrosion resistance, stainless steel knife thread inserts are used with 8-32, 10-24 and ¼-20 internal threads. View our E-Z LOK™ product specifications page for additional resources or to check out the rest of our threaded inserts for wood today.
E-Z Knife™ Features:
- • Superior hardwood holding power
- • Sizing variety: inch (coarse/fine) and metric
- • Brass or stainless steel options
- • Easily installs with a screwdriver, bolt/jam nut or optional drive tool
- • Furniture (Brass)
- • Cabinetry (Brass)
- • Partitions (Brass)
- • Beer Tap Handles
- • Shipping Containers (Brass or Stainless Steel)
- • Marine Applications (Stainless Steel)
- • Outdoor Furniture (Brass or Stainless)
- • Storm Shutters (Brass or Stainless)
- • When dealing with particularly hard wood or difficulties getting the insert to thread in straight, a drive tool can be made with full thread engagement for maximum control during installation.
- • Hardwood insert hole size requirements may vary depending on a variety of factors, including material and tools. We recommend that you test your application before ordering. Samples may be provided to distributors upon request!
E-Z LOK™ has additional brass inserts for other applications: View All Available Brass Inserts
The Power Behind Threaded Inserts for Hardwood
Available in brass and stainless steel, E-Z LOK's threaded inserts for hardwood are perfect for oak, cherry and maple. They're ideal to use whenever assembly or disassembly could lead to thread erosion or stripping. From storm shutters to outdoor furniture, there are a number of applications that are perfect for our threaded inserts for hardwood. You can count on these inserts to provide superior holding power with an easy installation process. Whether you use our brass or stainless steel threaded inserts for wood, we guarantee you'll see incredible results.
How do brass and stainless steel threaded inserts for wood differ?
Brass inserts are nonmagnetic, mildly corrosion resistant and electrically conductive. In comparison, stainless steel inserts have a stronger resistance to chemicals and may be mildly magnetic.
Are there certain applications that are best for brass or stainless steel inserts?
Yes. Items like furniture, cabinetry and partitions are best suited for brass threaded inserts for hardwood. Marine applications, which require more durability, are best suited for stainless steel inserts. There are some instances where either option may work like storm shutters, outdoor furniture and shipping containers. If you're not sure which of our threaded inserts for hardwood is best for your application, contacts us! We'll be happy to assist.
How do threaded inserts work?
Our threaded inserts are designed with threads on the outside and inside of the insert. Each insert is either threaded into a pre-tapped hole or taps its own thread in a drilled or molded hole. Once this is complete, it is then anchored and stays in place.